Stealth Ward is an item that reveals the Fog of War when placed. After being placed, it is visible for 1 second, and then becomes invisible until its duration expires. Only 3 wards can be placed on the map per player.
- If you place a ward after you already have three out, the first one you placed is removed and a new ward is placed in the position indicated.
- Wards placed into walls will jump to the nearest placeable location, as shown in this video.
- to the ward will reveal it for the duration of the spell.
- Summoner's Rift map. are only available for the
- Wards have a cast range of 600. The only exception to that is , which has a cast range of 4000.
- The ward has 3 HP, and every attack will only damage it by 1. There is also no way to regenerate its health.
- Wards grant 30 gold when destroyed (including Ghost Wards from the sightstone items). If the player who reveals the ward and the killer of the ward are different players, the gold will be split 50/50 so each gains 15 gold.
- 5.22. used to be a consumable item. It was removed in patch
Intelligent usage of wards goes a long way, namely in key brush locations, like intersections, in front of 20px Dragon and 20px Baron Nashor. This is useful for map awareness of potential ganks, champion movements, and/or attempts to kill an Epic Monster. The lone shrub in front of both Epic Monsters is an excellent place to both reveal the river and keep tabs over their presence.
Certain characters with attack-timer refreshing abilities can clear wards in the moments after they are placed.
- 20px Shyvana can use Twin Bite Twin Bite along with an autoattack.
- 20px Lucian can autoattack, then use Ardent Blaze Ardent Blaze or Relentless Pursuit Relentless Pursuit and his passive Lightslinger Lightslinger, on the next auto will strike twice.
- 20px Renekton can autoattack followed by Ruthless Predator Ruthless Predator, or use a Fury-enhanced cast of Ruthless Predator by itself.
- 20px Leona can attack, activate and use Shield of Daybreak Shield of Daybreak, and immediately attack again. However the third attack is not automatic and must be ordered by the player.
- 20px Katarina can attack, use Shunpo Shunpo (which briefly reveals wards whether allied or enemy), and attack again.
- 20px Rengar can attack, use Savagery Savagery and then follow up with another autoattack or Empowered Savagery Empowered Savagery.
- 20px Jayce can use Hyper Charge Hyper Charge while in Cannon form to gain maximum attack speed for 3 attacks without the need to reset the attack timer.
- 20px Master Yi can utilize his passive Double Strike Double Strike and an extra basic attack after, providing that the passive is triggered before or after the singular basic attack.
20px Lee Sin's Safeguard Safeguard, 20px Jax's Leap Strike Leap Strike, and 20px Katarina's Shunpo Shunpo can be used to dash to allied wards. This can be used to move over walls, chase enemies, or escape.
Patch History (Item)Edit
Jungle Items and Enchantments
Beta / Unreleased items