แม่แบบ:Redirect Steve "Guinsoo" Feak is a former developer of DotA Allstars, a variant of the original Defense of the Ancients by Eul. He is currently working for Riot Games as a Game Designer of League of Legends.
Steve “Guinsoo” Feak is one of the original creators of DotA-Allstars, which is a mod of Warcraft 3 played by over 10 million people worldwide. Despite this, Steve is a modest man from humble beginnings. He was born under a haystack in Wisconsin and enjoys spending time with his girlfriend, eating good old American food, and playing with his cat. He is also a diehard Brewers, Packers, and Bucks fan. As a gamer, Steve has a special place in his heart for World of Warcraft, Counter-Strike, Diablo 2, DotA, and old-school RPGs.
Special Ability Edit
Clairvoyance: Guinsoo solves a Rubik’s cube with a few deft flicks of the wrists and enters a deep calm visualizing a new character being played in-game. Using this vision, Guinsoo pieces together spell building blocks and design ideas to bring the character to life.
DotA: Allstars Edit
Feak was the previous designer of the popular Warcraft III: the Frozen Throne custom map, DotA: Allstars. Using the original DotA created by Eul (the original Defense of the Ancients map for Warcraft III: Reign Of Chaos as a base, Feak made DotA: Allstars by adding his own mix of content.
Among the DotA variants created in the wake of Eul's map, Allstars become the most popular version of the map. Feak said when he began developing Allstars he had no idea how popular the game would eventually become; the emerging success of the game type inspired him to design a new title around what he considered an emerging game genre. Feak added a recipe system for items so that player's equipment would scale as they grew more powerful, as well as a powerful boss character called Roshan (named after his bowling ball) who required an entire team to defeat.
Feak used a Battle.net chat channel as a place for DotA players to congregate, but DotA: Allstars had no official site for discussions and hosting. The leaders of the DotA: Allstars CLAN, TDA, proposed that a dedicated web site be created to replace the various online alternatives that were infrequently updated or improperly maintained.
Towards the end of his association with the map, Feak primarily worked on optimizing the map, then he left development with version 6.01, passing it to the current developer, Icefrog.
Designed champions Edit
- 20px Alistar, the Minotaur
- 20px Anivia, the Cryophoenix (prototyped)
- 20px Annie, the Dark Child (partly with Ezreal and Zileas)
- 20px Ashe, the Frost Archer (partly with Ezreal)
- 20px Cho'Gath, the Terror of the Void (partly with Ezreal)
- 20px Evelynn, the Widowmaker
- 20px Fiddlesticks, the Harbinger of Doom
- 20px Karthus, the Deathsinger
- 20px Kayle, the Judicator (partly with Ezreal)
- 20px Mordekaiser, the Master of Metal (reworked)
- 20px Morgana, the Fallen Angel (partly with Ezreal)
- 20px Nunu, the Yeti Rider
- 20px Ryze, the Rogue Mage (partly with Ezreal)
- 20px Shaco, the Demon Jester
- 20px Shen, the Eye of Twilight
- 20px Singed, the Mad Chemist (partly with Ezreal)
- 20px Sivir, the Battle Mistress (partly with Ezreal)
- 20px Sona, the Maven of the Strings (partly with Ezreal)
- 20px Soraka, the Starchild
- 20px Tryndamere, the Barbarian King
- 20px Twisted Fate, the Card Master
- 20px Twitch, the Plague Rat
Current Works Edit
- The item 20px Corki. was named after and created by him when he designed
- 20px Shen sometimes chants "Guinsoo" during Stand United Stand United.
- In DotA Allstars, there is an item named after him: Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse.
- The item's name in Dota 2, however, was renamed to remove Guinsoo's reference.